IBM Maximo – Comprehensive enterprise asset management for asset lifecycle and maintenance management
IBM Maximo is a comprehensive solution for managing physical assets on a common platform in asset-intensive industries. It offers “built in” mobile access, out-of-the box mapping, crew management and analytical insight. Maximo Asset Management allows organizations to share and enforce best practices, inventory, resources and personnel. It helps manage all types of assets – including plant, production, infrastructure, facilities, transportation and communication
It is available as an on-premises or software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering
Maximo Asset Management includes six management modules in an enhanced service-oriented architecture
- Asset management – Achieve the control you need to more efficiently track and manage asset and location data throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Work management – Manage both planned and unplanned work activities, from initial request through completion and recording of actuals.
- Service management – Define service offerings, establish service level agreements (SLAs), more proactively monitor service level delivery and implement escalation procedures.
- Contract management – Gain complete support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, labor rate, software, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
- Inventory management – Know the details of asset-related inventory and its usage including what, when, where, how many and how valuable.
- Procurement management – Support all the phases of enterprise-wide procurement such as direct purchasing and inventory replenishment.